Sunday, March 29, 2009

NILMDTS

For a few years now I have volunteered for a worthy organization called, Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, Click on the link to see their website.

I don't publicize it much because I feel it is a service to families and not something to advertise . I thought I would share yesterday's experience because it really touched me.

Yesterday was my birthday and I got a call to go to Metro General Hospital to photograph fraternal twins that were still born. A little boy and girl that were a just over 20 weeks in the womb. I felt very somber that I could observe my birthday, a day that celebrates my birth by being of service to a family that might find it difficult to celebrate little Trevon and Mkyla's birthday every year.

I am blessed that the pictures I take can help people remember significant events in their lives

No comments: